Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Ball Challenge


Hello
Today I did my ball challenge made  with a race track toy.I don’t have any marbles or balls so I used
some beads, a clear oval stone and a two plastic circle shape from my lolly jar.They have 5 different
sizes and weight. Which ball may hit the queen found on the end of my race track?
Here are the measurements and time :
Green beads= 991 mm.        / 5 seconds
Orange beads = 1244 mm    / 8 seconds
Oval stone = 1193 mm         / 7 seconds
Purple jar = 1422 mm           /  6 seconds
Red / white jar = 1544 mm   / 6 seconds
And the winner is……..
Red/white jar because it hit the queen and went further.
This ball is not heavy and this is the biggest one.



I also make a graph for every balls.
I have the video for the ball that hit the queen.

3 comments:

  1. Annyeonghaseyo Lyah,
    I love all the different ways you showed us what you have been doing,photos,a video and a graph.I am surprised the oval stone went so far as round objects usually travel more smoothly.Did you enjoy this type of maths where you have to measure and time things? Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kumusta
      Thank you Diane,the oval stone was the heaviest one out of the 5.Yes I do like measuring and timing.Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Well done Lyah.
    I always enjoy reading your blogs as you include a lot of information.I feel we don't need to ask for anything as you have already included it in your blog.
    I LOVE your enthusiasm in the video.WELL DONE for a great presentation and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.