Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Feijoa

Hi everyone

Welcome to my to first blog post.As the sunshine is very nice this  afternoon my sister and I went to play some badminton in the back yard. So we started to play when I accidentally throw the shuttlecock into a small tree. When I went to get it I saw some weird oval shaped fruit it was a light green colour. It was a Feijoa. A Feijoa is a seasonal fruit in New Zealand that usually ready to harvest from April - May every year. It has long lasting tropical aroma like guava and pineapple. You can eat it raw with the skin or make good pies or jams. I can't wait to try it because i haven't tried it before. I'm just wondering what it tastes like. I feel so excited to to my first blog.

5 comments:

  1. HELLO Lyah.It's great to see you,even if it is only in a photo.
    Congratulations on your first blog.YIPEEEEEE!
    Thanks for sharing your work.I think we used to get feijoa's at school for fruit.I'm not keen on eating them as a fruit but I'd be keen to try them in a jam or pie.Is that what mum is going to do with them?.
    I look forward to hearing from you.Thanks for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs Cassidy my mom is making jam with it.I hope you have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lyah. It is so good to see you. We have a feijoa tree in our back yard and as it is a few years old it gives us a lot of fruit. We have eaten them raw...Yummmmm! I have also made a chutney to have with cheese and crackers and I am going to try and make icecream with them. I will tell you what it is like. Last year I also made jam.
    Make sure they fall on the ground and then they are ripe. They feel softer.
    I can see you have done some research on the tree. I am looking forward to seeing more from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Diane yes we are still waiting for the feijoas to riped and fall out.Have a great day.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your reply. Have you tasted a feijoa yet? Did you like the taste? I have been freezing some to make the icecream. You also need frozen bananas. I will let you know if it is successful!

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.