Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Summer Learning Journey| Something that floats Nano Girl

 Hello welcome back to my blog 

Today I will be doing another activity of the summer learning journey. This activity is from Nano girl and it says find or make something that floats and I choose to make a boat out of legos. Now this legos I used were special they are like puzzle pieces . The legos were from a lego sculpture. Now this boat floated 12cm before it sank and I put on a eraser but it just sank. Have you made a boat out of home supplies?


 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Lyah,

    Great job completing the Nanogirl activity! Sounds like you were very creative and innovative using lego pieces to make your boat.

    I haven't made a boat at home yet, but I want to! Do you have any tips for me to make something that floats?

    I’d love to see a video of your boat floating (or sinking!). Perhaps you could record a couple of test runs and upload them to your blog.

    I’m looking forward to seeing the rest of your awesome mahi.

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Lyah,

    It’s Fiona from the Manaiakalani team. It is great to see you having a go at this boat building challenge.

    I think you have done a great job of creating a boat that floats (for a while). I wonder what changes you could make to your design so that it would stay afloat for longer. Perhaps you could try increasing the height of the sides?

    Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more great mahi from you during the summer learning journey.

    Ngā mihi,
    Fiona Waugh

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.