Pages

Monday, January 4, 2021

Summer Learning Journey

 Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog 

Today I play a game called Whai (String game).You can" t do this pattern by yourself so you would have to get someone to help you.

Instructions:

First Step:Start with tying the two ends of the string or shoelace then you wanna put thumb and you pinky on each end to make semi circle line on both of you hands.

Second step:use your middle finger to pick up the semi circle line take the pinky line and put it to the pointer finger and then put the thumbs line on ring finger you may need the person that you asked to help you.

Third Step:use the thumb and pinky finger to move the x pattern  going outside to form a 4 straight lines.

If you are a bit confused scroll down a bit.





2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Lyah,

    Wow, you did an amazing job making the cup and saucer string challenge. I like how you included the written instructions as well as step by step photos so your readers could attempt to do the activity too if they so desired! Ka pai!

    Was it hard to get the string working? Did you ask anyone for help or did you do it independently? What was the trickiest bit?

    Can you make any other shapes with your string?

    Keep up the amazing work and happy blogging!

    Ka kite anō,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lyah.
    You are doing a great job at completing your SLJ.Well done.
    I especially like that you have shown us how to do this at home,with step by step instructions.
    I remember making something similar and we called it 'cup and saucer'.I can also do a parachute....I think.
    Is there any other string objects you can make?.
    I hope you are having a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.