Pages

Monday, April 26, 2021

Autumn Learning Journey - Activity 7

 Hello welcome back to my blog

Today I did another activity of the autumn learning journey. This activity is about researching a country and look for a native instrument I chose Vietnam and the instrument I chose was Ken bau.

Ken bau is Vietnamese native Instrument. Ken bau is used at weddings, funeral and celebrations like Nha Nhac. Ken bac is strong, resonant and high pitched so only men can play it.


https://www.jefftk.com/p/small-loud-conical-bore-double-reed-instruments


1 comment:

  1. Good morning Lyah.
    It's great to be able to research another country and learn something about their culture,life style,or as you have looked up,the instruments they play.
    This looks similar to a trumpet.I wonder what sort of noise it would make.
    Do you know what the men would have to do to be able to play the Ken bau?.

    I used to play the recorder when I was at school.Do you play any instruments?.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.